How We Rate Our Business Listings
We will not accredit a business who is not able to achieve the minimum entry rating
- Firstly, we establish who owns the business and what type of business it is, for example: a limited company, PLC, partnership or sole trader, and how long they have been trading.
- We cross check the information we are given with Companies House.
- We check out their website, social media and any other review material we can find, looking at how authentic it appears.
- We check the authenticity of any awards or accreditations the business has. Only businesses with a Trustmark accreditation, or similar trading standards accreditation, can obtain a platinum rating.
- We test the business’s customer service over the telephone to see how polite and helpful they are.
- We look at the range of services they offer and opening times.
- We visit hotels and restaurants, acting as a secret shopper to test their services.
- For businesses in the construction sector, we verify service and workmanship of 4 recent projects with their recent customers.
- We then give the business a registration number and a rating based on what we find.
- All businesses listed will also be entered into the annual awards for their business category, with the top 5 businesses in each category awarded for their outstanding work and customer satisfaction, with an overall winner.
81 to 100 (Level 5 Platinum Rating)
61 to 80 (Level 4 Gold Rating)
41 to 60 (Level 3 Silver Rating)
21 to 40 (Level 2 Advanced Rating)
1 to 20 (Level 1 Starter Rating)