Terms and Conditions
Please read our terms and conditions
- To use, access, or subscribe your business to this website, you must agree to these terms and conditions.
- UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd cannot be held responsible for the pricing, quality or competence of any services or goods supplied by business listings displayed on or linked to our pages.
- UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd takes responsibility for the address, rating, telephone, email and review by UK Trade & Industry Awards being accurate at the time UK Trade & Industry Awards checks were carried out.
- UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd offers free listings for which there are no charges, as well as optional paid listing options.
- To use this service a business must have a trading address for each business listing displayed. This is defined as a physical or virtual business centre address. Any fake or false location will result in a listing not being approved or being removed.
- Free listings will display business location and contact information. No third-party listings or links may be used in a business listing.
- For paid listing options, companies are entering into a paid agreement with UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd and we will display the business details on our database for the duration of the agreement.
- By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree that you hold the relevant copyright to all images, logos and text that you place on our website and you are authorised to display any approved Trademark. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd taking legal action in the event of any dispute.
- By signing up to any type of listing on UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd the customer must understand that UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd need proof of address, customer’s references, owner’s details and any other information required in rating and verifying your business.
- If a business listing’s details cannot be confirmed within 90 days of receiving an automated confirmation email, that listing will be removed from our public database. If we have no contact from this listing within 12 months, then it will be automatically deleted from our system. If a new listing is required after this time, then the customer will be considered as a new customer and charges will apply for any paid listings.
- UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd reserves the right to exclude or remove any business listing, either free or paid, from the database at any time if a business listing has been the subject to a number of complaints, change of owners, a reduction of services, change of location, non payment, expired listing, or anything that affects the authenticity of the business listing. Any business which has its rating or listing removed, will no longer have any right to use our logos, certificate, reviews or accreditation.
- All business listings submitted by customers must ensure all information and images are genuine to give customers confidence in UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd and their reviews and ratings, so that business listings are accurate. If not, they will be held in breach of this agreement.
- If a business ceases to trade, changes ownership, changes location, changes website or updates any contact details, you agree to notify UK Trade And Industry Awards Ltd at the first available opportunity.
- If a business fails to pay for their listing, legal action could be taken for recovery of outstanding sums, including costs and the business listing could be removed from UK Trade And Industry Awards Ltd website.
Refunds and Cancellations
- If a business requests removal of their listing from the UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd website or is removed for breach of any part of this agreement, no part or full refund of any fees will be given.
Business reviews and Ratings
- There will no third-party reviews left on this website.
- UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd will review the business and leave an impartial review which the business will have chance to see before the review goes live.
- Ratings will be made using the method explained on our ‘Ratings Explained’ page (click here)
- Reviews of businesses and service providers published on UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd are the independent views of UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd, which at the date of the review are deemed to be as accurate and impartial as possible to give users a fair and honest opinion of the business that has been reviewed and rated. We will not be held responsible for the opinion and rating we give if that does not match a user’s experience, but if a user complains and after being investigated the complaint is proved valid, then a business listing could be downgraded or removed from this site.
- All businesses accredited by UK Trade and Industry Awards Ltd agree to accept the review and rating given to the business.
Submitting a business listing
- Any information on business listings apart from the address, rating telephone, email and review by UK Trade & Industry Awards does not represent the views of UK Trade & Industry and are the responsibility of the author and not UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd..
- Any uploaded images, videos, third party website links or content must be copyright free, or conform to any license or source acknowledgement requirements.
Information submitted to this website
In certain situations, outlined below, UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd will remove postings by third parties (“posters” or “users”), including, to wit:
(1) UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd is presented with a settlement agreement, resolving a dispute between the poster and any third party(ies) complaining about the posting, mandating that the posting be removed.
(2) The listing contains vulgar, profane, or obscene language.
(3) The listing contains adult material, including but not limited to, graphic images, written images, or links thereto.
(4) The listing does not relate to a valid commercial transaction and is not the type of posting for which the website is intended, namely the referral of UK businesses and service providers.
(5) The listing contains personal identifying information about another user of this website.
(6) The listing was posted by a user who submitted false contact information during the registration process and UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd is unable to contact the poster/user.
(7) A listing that includes a competition which is in breach of relevant advertising, trading or consumer protection laws, regulations or standards.
(8) The listing is deemed not be genuine in any way, or has exaggerated content, or we consider the content may subject us to a claim, prosecution, criticism or embarrassment.
(9) The listing uses our services to store or transmit viruses, bugs, Trojans and other forms of computer programming malware; interfere with or disrupt the performance of the Service,
(10) Use the Services in a way that interferes with their normal operation or that consumes a disproportionate share of their resources.
If you believe that a user has posted material which meets one of the above conditions, then contact us or write to us at the address at the top of this page.
- Any communication or material other than your personal information submitted to this website by electronic mail is the exclusive property of UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd and is considered to be non-confidential and non-proprietary. Such communication may include without limitation questions, comments, suggestions and ideas. UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd shall be free to use them for any purpose whatsoever without restriction or compensation.
- The copyright in this entire website, unless stipulated, is held by UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd. All material provided on this website is protected under international copyright laws and treaty provisions. Except as expressly provided herein, none of the material provided on this website may be copied, distributed, republished, reproduced, downloaded, displayed or transmitted in any form for commercial use, without the prior written permission of UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd.
- The trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively referred to as “Trademarks”) displayed on this website are claimed by UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd and no trademark licence, either express or implied, is granted by UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd. You do not have any right to use any Trademark or Service Mark displayed on this website, except as expressly provided under the permission of UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd. In the event of unauthorised use or misuse of its Trademarks, UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd will pursue its legal remedies without delay.
- Any use of this website for telemarketing or direct marketing purposes is forbidden and any complaints will be fully investigated.
While we make every effort to keep UK Trade & Industry Awards Ltd up-to-date and secure, we don’t provide any guarantees, conditions or warranties that the information will be:
- Current, Secure, Accurate, Complete, Free from bugs or viruses.
We’re not liable for any loss or damage that may come from using this website, including:
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
We exclude all liability for any illegality arising from error, omission or inaccuracy in material posted on our site by third parties and we take no responsibility for such material. We make no warranties, express or implied, as to the content or to the accuracy and reliability of the material or any content or information that you transmit to other uses of the site.
We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of our site
- Any direct, indirect or consequential losses.
- Any loss or damage caused by civil wrongs (‘tort’, including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise the use of this and any websites that are linked to or from it.
- The inability to use this website and any websites that are linked to or from it.
This applies if the loss or damage was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you advised us that it might happen. This includes (but isn’t limited to) the loss of your:
- Income or revenue, Salary, Benefits or other payments, Business, Profits or contracts, Opportunity, Anticipated savings, Data, Goodwill or reputation, Tangible property, Intangible property, including loss, corruption or damage to data or any computer system wasted management or office time.
- Force Majeure. Neither Party shall be in breach of this Agreement, nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations pursuant to this Agreement if such delay or failure is caused by a Force Majeure Event. In such circumstances the affected Party shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of the time for performing such obligations. Either Party may suspend or terminate this Agreement immediately upon written notice if a Force Majeure Event occurs and has prevented the other Party from performing its obligations pursuant to this Agreement for four weeks and continues to do so.
- Your use of this website signifies that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. All transactions to which these Conditions apply, and all connected matters, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland and all parties concerned submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.